Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Food!!!

Here's a little story that I liked from the blog of, of all people, Melissa Auf der Maur. And if you know who that is, give yourself 20 pop culture points.

THE WOLF INSIDE
An elder Cherokee Native American was teaching his grandchildren about life. He said to them, "A fight is going on inside me... It is a terrible fight, and it is between two wolves. One wolf represents fear, anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, pride and superiority. The other wolf stands for joy, peace, love, hope, sharing, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, friendship, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. This same fight is going on inside of you and every other person too." The grandchildren thought about it for a minute and then one asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?" The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one I feed."

4 comments:

Eric said...

I get the points. I watched Melissa ADM play bass in New Hampshire once. She was too skinny in person.
And yes, wolves are cool. Or something.

pdore said...

I had a feeling that those points had your name on them!

pdore said...

Perhaps she was trying to starve one of the wolves! Or both...

Anonymous said...

Ooo! Ooo! I get the points too! Oh, I feel cool now. Thanks Patrick for making an old, frumpy, soccer mom feel a bit hip. I need that!

Oh yeah, and I like the wolf story. I watched Never Cry Wolf this winter in London, and it made me bawl it was so beautiful.

Auntie Aim