Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Goodbye old friend



Goodbye Sweet Baxter. You've been a good cat for the past 15 years and will be very missed. We will always remember you sitting up like a dog to beg for lovies, tempting people with your belly of doom, gallumping across our giant lawn in Portland while the birds playing in the sprinkler just looked at you, waiting for the sprinkler to turn the other way, the time you proudly brought us the mouse you'd caught...that had been dead so long he was petrified, watching you play with your best friend Romeo - the Pit Bull. Mostly I remember carrying you home from my Mom's house while you sat in my lap purring contentedly the whole way. You had the biggest head and paws I'd ever seen on a kitten and you made the best kittie biscuits in the whole world. I hope that you and Romeo are off romping together somewhere in the big park in the sky.

3 comments:

The cool family! said...

Oh that's so sad!!! It is SO hard when a loved pet dies!! At least you gave him a great life!

The cool family! said...

AWWW, I just looked at his picture again... he's so cute!!! I feel so bad! I love looking at pictures of beloved pets I used to have, it always makes me smile! I love that photograph of Baxter!
BYE BAXTER!!

Bell said...

Godspeed, big man. You are - and were - so loved.