Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Kos!!!!


I was kind of surprised a few days ago when I suddenly realised that I hadn't blogged about the Daily Kos before! I like to share good online finds, and this site is definitely one of my favorites!!

The Daily Kos is a frequently updated progressive blog where you can find many bite-sized stories about current political events, and a few really good in-depth dissections of same. The great thing about the site is that it is not only very insightful and easy to navigate, but that the authors actually have a sense of humor!


For a long time, I felt that one big thing missing from the progressive cause was the ability to see the absurd in many of our current situations. We had it in the 70's - see MASH and, especially Gary Trudeau, but it kind of disappeared there for a while. Say what you will about Rush Limbaugh (and I can't stand him), but at least he realised that, if you're going to stand on a soap box in this day & age, you'd better (at least try to) be funny!


Most of the Daily Kos writers (and especially Kos himself - otherwise known as Markos ZĂșniga) understand this, so it makes for pretty easy morning reading. No mean feat considering the many current atrocities of our political system!!


Anyway, I highly recommend The Daily Kos.


Here's a good one from this morning , by the way.


Have a great day all!!!

No comments: