Saturday, March 19, 2011

Rush!!!

I woke up in a Rush mood this morning!! Why do these things happen? Who knows? But I just felt like giving props to a band that still gets less respect in the critical world than they deserve.

Of course, Rush is super-easy to make fun of (check out "Stereo" by Pavement), but Rush has an almost unique ability to make you appreciate how great music can be, almost by virtue of their being sorta bad!! It's kind of like going to a taco truck on a Saturday night and realizing how great the world is, because there are great restaurants like Lucques, and there are taco trucks!! That's how Rush is. Enjoy!!!









3 comments:

Eric said...

Odd. I had a sudden need to hear Rush about two weeks ago. They are rocking and amusing. As I've come to appreciate prog-rock more in my old age, I've softened to them. They were (are) incredible musicians, but seemed to feel the need to demonstrate this on every song, slipping between 7/4 and 6/8 time. And you gotta love the ham-handed Randian lyrics and Geddy's squeal.
I still get exhilarated when I hear "Spirit of the Radio" or "Red Barchetta".

Catch the spit,
E

Anonymous said...

Just one thing to say...."I LOVE YOU MAN".

Amy

pdore said...

Eric - I was thinking of posting Red Barchetta also, but didn't want to seem tooooo partial to Moving Pictures - need to be fair!
Amy - are you implying that only drunk frat guys are into Rush?? I love you too though : )