Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hooray for Hana!!!

Anyone who reads this post regularly has probably heard of Finn's friend Hana. Hana has been one of Finn's best friends ever since they met in daycare. I'll let Finn tell you about that: Finn and Hana's class has recently been learning how to write letters. They had to write practice letters to friends and this is the one Finn wrote to Hana. I was so touched by his sentiment. It's such a true description for how it feels when you meet someone who is destined to be a great friend. After going to separate pre-schools, Finn and Hana would always pick right back up where they left off as if no time had passed at all. They've been in the same class since kindergarten and still have a great time together. I'm sure they'll figure out the other one has cooties soon enough, but in the meantime, we're so happy Finn has Hana in his life.

In addition to being super bright and sweet, Hana is also a very talented gymnast (She just ranked #3 in State!) Finn and I went to one of her performances last weekend. This is Finn while everyone else was performing...
And this is Finn when it was Hana's turn.


Here's Hana! I knew she was a great gymnast, she's constantly doing cool moves around our apartment, but it was still amazing to see her in action. She performed with quite a few older, high-level gymnasts, but Hana still stood out. It was hard to capture in these pictures because she was basically just a blur most of the time, but Hana has truly amazing balance and form.

Mr. G, the director of Finn and Hana's after school program made these signs for Hana. She has a lot of fans. : )




Take a bow Hana!
We're so proud of you.

2 comments:

KM Nguyen said...

Okay, you are making me CRY~!!! Hana is so lucky to have Finn in her life as well. He's so patient with her, and I really appreciate the way he corrects her when she's wrong. That's a true friend!! Last night, she had 2 girl friends over and while both of them said "BOYS ARE WEIRD. They are gross. I don't like them!", Hana said, "I like boys. I love spending time with Finn, especially. So I like them. :) " I love that she can say that loud and clear without hesitation. Good friends are hard to come by, and they're lucky to have found each other so early on.

Oh, I love them both so much!! <3

Kei said...

Oops! I guess I was logged in as a gym account user when posting the above comment!