Sunday, November 13, 2011

More Mikey

 Michael's step-mother Mary sent me a few more great pictures of Michael.  We were a little slice of his life, but these pictures capture more of the fuller picture.  Here he is in front of the stage, probably at Hamilton High, based on his longer hair, but possibly at Pacoima. 
 His famous Flock of Seagulls hair!  This was probably at Pacoima, or close to it.
 This picture makes me cry every time I look at it.  I remember this sweet little guy showing me his stamp collection, telling me baseball stats and showing off his latest karate moves.
 Michael and his beautiful sister Rohana.  They look pretty tough here.  They went through a lot together and I'm sure there were times when it felt like the two of them against the world.
 I'm not sure which birthday party this was, but I believe this was at Michael's mother's house in Venice Beach.  I think that's his little brother Laurent in the background, but I can't tell for sure from this picture.  Michael adored his brothers.
 This is Michael's mother Dominique. You can see where Rohana got her gorgeous looks from.  I wish I had a picture of Michael's father Renardo.  As a kid, I remember thinking both Renarda and Dominique were very striking people.  Rohana looks more like her mom and Michael looked more like his dad, but they were both lookers.
 See?  Michael and Rohana.  Can you tell how much they adored each other?

 Michael and my Dad at a celebration.  Michael looks very dapper.  I have no idea what my dad is wearing here, but they both look happy.
Hanging out at Mary's.
 Cuties!
For some reason the blog keeps erasing my post for the picture two up.  That is Mikey with his ex-girlfriend Angie.  She was very important to him, even though they weren't able to keep it together.

The second picture above is of Michael and his step-mother Mary.  Michael loved his parents a lot, but he was also lucky to have a really good step mother and step father who cared about him a lot and took care of him as much as they possibly could.  Michael never made it easy.  He liked to test everyone in his life to see how much you really loved him.  If you passed the test, though, he loved you forever.
Not everyone knew that Michael loved to cook, but he did.  Especially bbq.

Michael and his ex-girlfriend April.  Things didn't turn out so well for them, but he was so happy and excited when he first met her and they had a beautiful little boy together named Alex.
I believe this is Michael and Alex and Michael's brother Gershom, but again, it's hard for me to tell in this picture.  I hopeIi got it right!
Michael and the love of his life, his son Alex.

No comments: