Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Oregon!!

We just returned from our Oregon vacation and we had a great time! For those who don't know, my dad has a farm (no animals, but many vegetables) near Eugene in southern/middle Oregon - Cottage Grove to be precise. We try to go up every year for Farm Fest (more later), and always enjoy the terrific people, food, and Oregon stuff. Because of a change in my school schedule this was the first time in a while that I could drive with the family, which was great even though it's about 15 hours each way. The drive up is exciting and fun - less so coming back. We were lucky with the weather again (always a gamble in Oregon), and Dad & Molly really made us feel welcome. Here are some of the many great times that we had up there.

One of the best things about the farm is the amazing swimming hole. It is a small lake/pond fed by Mosby Creek. There are rocks for jumping in and the water is super refreshing, if not exactly bath temperature. On a hot day, there's nowhere better!

2 comments:

Suzy said...

Pat, what beautiful blogging of your trip. Wow. Its sorta killing me right now that I didn't go-- Farm fest looks like a dream come true. I wish so much I could have added my voice to the beautiful music. And how I wish I could have jumped in the water hole with Em and eaten your Dad's delicious cooking! Knowing you all were at the Saturday market w/o ME is making me a little green . . . But how happy I am for you all that you had such a PERFECT trip.

Anonymous said...

Man, that water looks cold. : ) - Em