Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Waving!!!


Finn took the big plunge this weekend! It was actually pretty weird - he just jumped in to the deep(er) end of the pool all of the sudden & realized that he'd have to do something to stay afloat. I swam quickly over to help him, but he was already keeping his head above water by himself! It wasn't pretty, but he was doing it, and since then, in just a couple of days, he's been getting so much better!


It was sooo exciting for both of us. I realized that there really aren't that many times when your child can't do something...and then they can. I guess that walking is the big one, but this was amazing also - our family has always been pretty aquatic.
Here are some pictures & film from the big event (it's actually the day after the first day - at first I couldn't be away from him long enough for pictures). I know it looks like he's drowning, but I assure you that he was having fun!

9 comments:

The cool family! said...

Go Finn!! He looked great out there. I was always scared of the water, and even to this day can't jump off the diving board!

Anonymous said...

Finn, it looks like you're going to be ready for the swimming hole this summer. Way to go.
Peepaw Mike

Em said...

Yay Finn ! I'm so proud of you, sweetpea!

Love,

Momma

Eric said...

Your buoyant family mocks me.

Anonymous said...

Finn has his Aunt Bell's swimming technique! (Somehow I suspect he will grow out of ut, though, as I never have...)

Way to go Finn! You rock!

(ps - Eric - your comment made me laugh out loud! ha!)

pdore said...

Yeah, Eric has a tendency towards submersion. My family was constantly trying to drown him on summer vacation trips. Sorry man!

Anonymous said...

Eric, you had me laughing out loud. I still remember trying to drown you on our trip to the Sierras; you were very resiliant but, truly, not very buoyant.
Mike

Anonymous said...

Hey Finn, you are doing so well! Can't wait to see you swim in person. Way to go, my little fish!

The adventures (or misadventures) of the Dore Family trying to drown Eric. Legendary stuff, and still the stories live on.

Amy

Krista Stryker said...

That's awesome! We can't wait to swim with him at Farmfest this year!

Love, Krista & Brian