Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"Slumber" party!

Last Saturday night, we had a pretend slumber party with Felix and Scarlett. Felix' Mom and Dad got all dressed up and lovely and headed off for Amy's dear friend Jane's wedding - congratulations Jane! While they boogied the night away, Felix and Scarlett tore things up at our house. There was bed jumping and hat wearing...
Then bath taking.

Then sleeping bags and popcorn! Woo-hoo! Do we know how to throw a party, or what? I'm not sure who had more fun, the kids - or me and Patrick. The little guys were definitely on their best behavior. I think they knew that their first slumber party was an auspicious occasion, even if they didn't actually get to spend the night. Don't worry guys, I'm sure there will be many more real sleep overs to come!

5 comments:

Bell said...

Oh My God this was so cute I DIED. What a great post - what gorgeous kids! You are all so very lucky.

Anonymous said...

Great post Em; they are some CUTE kids (being perfectly unbiased and objective of course). It makes me miss them but love seeing the pictures.
Mike

Anonymous said...

WOW, what a fabulous Auntie! (oh yeah, and Uncle too...haahaa)

Thank you guys so, so much for giving Felix the time of his life. He LOVES his sleeping bag, and had such a good time with his buddies.

Seriously, where'd we get such cute, amazing kids? We're so lucky!

BTW, in case anyone is interested, Jane's wedding was lovely. The church (the same one that Aforementioned Auntie and Uncle got hitched at) is as charming and sacred as ever, and Father Bob gave a nice speech about how if we are to ever learn how to be good people, we learn it in the family. Hear hear! Here's to family!!!!! What would we do without you guys?!

Love,
Auntie Amy

pdore said...

I'm so glad that we have so much of our family so close!! Great post sweetheart!!

Em said...

I know, I feel the same way. Amy and Julie, we feel really lucky to have you guys so close. Mike and Molly, we miss you lots, but we hope you're having a fabulous European adventure. Patrick, Finn and Jack, I can't wait to see you guys tonight!