Thursday, December 9, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

I get a little wacky this time of year. I always think I'm going to be grumpy about it, but then it gets all crisp and bright out, Christmas songs start playing, the smell of cinnamon and nutmeg and pine scent the air and I buckle. Patrick didn't want to buy our Christmas tree this past weekend, but the boys and I made puppy dog eyes at him until he caved too.

One of my favorite parts of Christmas is getting out the Christmas ornaments. I love that they all have stories. Hello old friends! This pirate ship is actually pretty new. Finn loves anything to do with the ocean, so last year I bought some fun ocean ornaments, including this pirate ship.

This guy is my FAVORITE!!! In our teeny-tiny apartment, we only had room for a small table top tree and this guy was our tree topper. Christmas tree up the buns!

The polar bear and the salt dough peach Mom made for her last Christmas here. Love you mom! Miss you!

One of the tags Kathi and Petur gave us many years ago. Hi guys!

Another one of Finn's sea friends.

Some of our other salt dough ornaments. For some reason the pictures I took of the boys' handmade ornaments didn't come out, boo! Trust me, though, we have many funny ramshackle ornaments with sweet pictures of the guys on them.


Finn had his Christmas performance this morning. The other moms all ooohed and awwwed when he walked in. He dressed himself and I have to say, he did look pretty sharp.


Finn, Hana and Farrah, cutie pies!

It's a good thing Finn looked so dang cute, because he was a little wonky in the performance, as you can see in the video below. His friend Hana was a star, though. She led the whole group and then did a little swing dance with one of the boys in the group. it was pretty adorable.

He may have been a little off, but he had a great time! I was so glad I got to see him. Go Finn!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That must be Hana right in front. She's great! So sweet to see Finn in his Christmas clothes, and all the historic ornaments. Hopefully, we can make some more this year.

Love,

Amy

Bell said...

Wow, Hana's rocking the house!

Very sweet post, can't wait to come see the tree in person.