Sunday, February 22, 2009

Faeries! (And other wild things)

(Em reporting here) Yesterday, Finn and Jack and I went on a faerie hunt with Josh and Lorelei. A good, magical time was had by all, although I have to say that Jack lived up to his Max/Wild Thing costume. Josh kindly kept an eye on Finn and Lorelei, who were transfixed by the faeries, while I chased Jack hither and yon. Never before has there been such an appropriate costume for a kid, I tell ya.
























The faeries were spunky and beautiful and I think the kids had a great time, even though the play/performance was perhaps a tad too long for a couple of five years olds. Finn's first comment afterwards was a jaded, "That wasn't TOO fun." (Have we mentioned that he's turning into a teenager before our eyes?) Of course, that didn't stop him from going up to the faerie queen afterwards to shyly give her a bouquet of flowers.


















No comments: