Sunday, February 7, 2010

Good Dharma!!!

I got to spend the Sunday with Jack this weekend since everybody else had business of their own to attend to. Thankfully the rains let up! Jack is a great little guy, but he is not at his best being cooped up all day, so it seemed like the perfect day to go to Griffith Park!

Of course there is so much to do at the park, but we hadn’t done the old standbys of train-->ponies in a while, so we bought our tickets and boarded the Griffith Express – when suddenly who should get in the seats behind us, but Francois Chau! If you’re not a Lost fan, then this probably isn’t too exciting, but if you have been following this outstanding show, which just started its final season, it’s freakin’ Dr. Chang!!!!!!!!!



Of course I told him that I was a fan of the show, and he was really nice! I resisted asking anything about the final season, but we talked about Griffith Park, and we even had a nice Lost moment: the train conductor (who always makes up a destination) announced that we were heading for “Delta”. Mr. Chau asked the question that I was wondering as well; “Where the heck is Delta?”…and the conductor just walked away. So I said that between sitting in front of him and our mysterious destination, it was shaping up as a pretty eerie train ride!

Anyway, it was a nice celebrity sighting, and I love this picture of Jack and him with his super-cute daughter – maybe someday Jack will watch the show and we’ll get a laugh out of this : )


Afterwards we went to the ponies and Jack wanted to go on the big fast ones!! I was a little nervous since I can still remember being pretty scared and uncomfortable when the horses start trotting! But (unlike a lot of the other kids) he looked thrilled when the horses started bouncing along – he told me afterwards that he liked it when they went fast! Jack can be a handful sometimes, but he’s a fun little guy to hang out with : )

4 comments:

The cool family! said...

Very cool!! I've never seen lost... But every single other person I know is addicted!

Krista Stryker said...

Oh my gosh! Dr. Chang! Sounds like a fun day :) Miss you guys!

- Krista

Em said...

My family is cool. : )

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Jack! You ride 'em, cowboy! My little Felix won't even go on the ponies walking in the slooowww circle! Hopefully, some of Jack's daredevil attitude will rub off on Felix (but not too much!)

Tia Amy