Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year!!!





Happy New Year everyone!!! And a happy birthday to both J.R.R. Tolkien (2nd picture above) and Robbie Dore!!!

We had a very busy but nice New Years, beginning with a wild party at Amy & Jamie's house, complete with the traditional New Year's countdown...at 7:20 : )

After that, we had a great trip down to San Diego to see Grandpa Hank, and to celebrate with Erika & Pat's family (happy birthday again Erika!!!) So all in all it was a teriffic New Year's weekend...except that I didn't get a single picture of any of it : ( Oh, well, we still have wonderful memories!!

Finally, here's a partial list of things that I am already thankful for this year:

Erika's wonderful party & letter!!!!
Amy & Jamie's house not being completely flooded!!!
Em getting a $5,000 grant to set up a reading garden at Finn's school!!!
My new camera arriving on Friday (a Cannon S95)!!!
Getting to see so many great friends and family over the holiday (including the nifty Eric)!!!
Petur returning safely from Thailand!!!
Dad's help with education things!!!
A healthy Grandpa (even if he is gluten-free)!!!
My spectacular wife & kids!!!

Like I said, this is just a partial list, but it has been a blessed year so far, and I hope that everyone is having the same!!!

Peace & Love to all,

Patrick

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice list, Patrick! It was indeed a wonderful New Year's. I'm thankful for having a fantastic brother and his family so near by.

Amy

Em said...

I thought it was a great New Year's too! Thank you to Amy and Jamie for the lovely party, to Julie for the raucous after-party and to all of our San Diego family for such a nice visit. Welcome home Petur! Having you home safe is a great New Year's present.

Also, I'd just like to mention that while I did write the grant for the reading garden at Finn's school, all of the wonderful parents in our parent group contributed to this project in one form or another. We want to keep making the school better for our kids and for little guys (like Felix and Scarlett!) so they have the option of a good local school.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I forgot to congratulate you, Em! That sounds like a really wonderful project. I live in hope that the public schools will one day deserve the fabulous kids (and parents) that attend them!

Amy

Em said...

Thank you Amy! I like to think they have some pretty great teachers, as well. Speaking of which, I forgot to mention how grateful I am for my equally spectacular husband. (Notice I said grateful, instead of thankful sweetie. Just for you! : )

Em