Tuesday, January 25, 2011

SOTU!!!



I don't want to write too much about the State of the Union speech last night - I'm more interested in what Obama does than in what he says. But, having said that, I have to admit that it was a pretty great speech!

I especially liked that he renewed his call to raise taxes on the very wealthy, defended Social Security, and spoke movingly about the importance of education - he even had a great line for this, pointing out that trying to help the country prosper while cutting education is like "lightening an overloaded airplane by removing its engine." Very good simile : )




I have to admit that even his bipartisan call got to me, when he bet that no one in that room would trade this country for anywhere else. A little hokey maybe, but the guy can bring it on the podium. Now we just have to see what he does tomorrow!




For a better play by play, go here.




Last thought: Obama is a total lock for 2012.

No comments: