Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Testing!!!

Hey Guys -

I'm blogging from my class. They're state testing right now so I can get away with such nonsense. Anyway, since it's Primarily-Text Wednesday, and I still need to pay some attention, I briefly give you the reflections of Abd Er-Rahman III of Spain (960 A.D.):

I have now reigned about 50 years in victory or peace, beloved by my subjects, dreaded by my enemies, and respected by my allies. Riches and honors, power and pleasure, have waited on my call, nor does any earthly blessing appear to have been wanting to my felicity. In this situation, I have diligently numbered the days of pure and genuine happiness which have fallen to my lot. They amount to fourteen.”

Hope you have more. Peace!

5 comments:

Eric said...

Abd missed what is best in life: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women. Any day I can do that, I'm happy. Glad to hear you are not leaving any child behind.

pdore said...

For "enemies" substitute "electorate" and you have our state right now. Glad you remembered "the rock" :)

Em said...

I think one of you guys should write a song called '14 days'.

pdore said...

That's funny - Did you know that Eric wrote one called "20 Days"? Pretty great song too!

Eric said...

Come on! You'd have to live in a cave to not know "20 Days!"