Sunday, November 22, 2009

Houses!!!

Hey Guys –

Recovering from another busy week – soooo thankful for the upcoming vacation time!!! – But I really wanted to do a post that I’ve been thinking of for a while – hippie houses!! There’s one thing about the Internet, and blogging in particular, that I love, but which also seems to be pretty ironic: that is, how many people are using this astounding technology to talk about old fashioned, earthy, hippie-type ideas and ideals.



Maybe our society has finally maxed out on urban culture, or people are just trying to find a balance, but it’s great to see how many sites are dedicated to rootsy things like green living and arts and crafts (see http://www.homegrownevolution.com/, http://realitysandwich.com/, http://small-measure.blogspot.com/, etc.).
Anyways, I’ve also seen a lot of really great handmade – counterculture inspired houses on the net lately (thanks to Bell for sending me some great ones a while ago!!) and I wanted to put up some of my favorites – I’ll probably put up more in the future, when the flow of time has slowed just a little. So many of these places are phenomenally idealistic and probably totally impractical, but to actually live day by day in some of these places, like a modern hobbit, would really be something!!


























8 comments:

Eric said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eric said...

This was at the the ecovillage where we stayed in North Carolina.

pdore said...

That's awesome! I didn't know that they were so interesting. How was it living there?

Em said...

This reminds...Bell brought a present for you this weekend, but it never quite made it home. I think my Mom may have had something to do with that, because it was quite cool. Next time I go out there, remind me to pick up the book Bell brought for you.

pdore said...

PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pdore said...

PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,PRESENT,

Bell said...

Yes, it's true, I sent you the COOLEST book on this exact topic, but my mom snagged it. Make sure you get it from her!!!!

Bell said...

I would LOVE to live in somethign like this. I don't think my big Ukrainian would ever go for it...but if it were just me, the kitties, and the fish, I think I'd be down on Sebastian's farm making a packed straw house tomorrow. Did I mention I'd get some goats and chickens? Because I would! :)