Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Dinosaurs, etc!!!

We had a great time at the museum this Veteran’s Day morning. It’s so fun to spend time with the guys as they get older & more interested in things. Finn is a perfect museum goer right now – he’s interested in everything!!

The Natural History Museum is always fun – if a little musty in parts – but there were some extra cool things today. For one, they have a new dinosaur exhibit with some AMAZING costumes!! We saw a T-Rex and a Triceratops, and I swear they look like real dinosaurs (other than you can see the T-Rex guy’s real legs a little). The eyes even blink!!





I don’t think that anyone expected how real they would be, and when the T-Rex appeared, almost all of the kids started crying, and even some of the parents looked a little spooked!! But after we all calmed down, it was really wonderful to hear about these dinosaurs with some almost-real ones interacting with the kids! Finn liked the T-Rex, but Jack was more partial to the much less threatening Triceratops. Cool stuff!!!












Another cool thing was the live animal show, with some interesting snakes. The snakes were cool, but my favorite thing was seeing how into it Finn was!! He is soooo into animals that it makes me more interested in them! You can see his focus in the pictures I think, and he had his hand up for most of the show!!




Even after many of the kids had lost interest (Jack didn't make it that long), you can see that Finn is still focused laser-like on the snake!!








I hope that he didn’t annoy the presenter too much, but he did get to go up after and touch the snake!





Finally, here’s a tired kid with Baxter at the end of a fun morning!! Happy Veteran’s Day to everyone!!







2 comments:

Em said...

Awwww. I LOVE these pictures guys! I wish I could have been there with you. I'm glad you guys had so much fun on your day off.

The cool family! said...

LOVE that picture of Finn and jack in the audience!