Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween!!!





More Happy Halloween to everyone. We had a Ninja warrior, a dog and a wild thing, as well as a racoon and Batman! We were totally prepared for whatever capers the night presented.





We also had a very nice visit with Batman's friend Tom who was visiting from Sydney. I think he might have been just as happy if we'd dropped him off at The Roost (our local pub), but he was a trooper and let us drag him along for a night of trick-or-treating.





We've been driving by this pirate ship for weeks now and it was definitely the highlight of our Halloween festivities. Truth be told, this was a bit of a lack-luster year. A lot of people weren't home handing out candy, but there were still a few die-hards out there, like this family, who really went all out. It's hard to tell from these pictures, but this boat had a whole smoke and light display and even sfx.





























The boys all had a great time, but I think Felix definitely took the prize this year. He was completely gung-ho and quite happily dragged his Dad and mum up to every likely house, right up until he completely wore himself out. We had a great time and I was so glad we could all be together for my favorite holiday.








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised that with his ninja-skills in full force, that you were able to get so many pictures of Finn!

Had a great time, guys, and thank you for the food, beer and company!

Hope you managed to find lots of Smarties.

Jx

Bell said...

What a fun night! You guys look great!

I was a witch, but thanks to a defective contact lens, as the night wore on I became a cyclops!

RAWR!

(LOVE the racoon!)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Bell! I was quite happy in my furry head gear, all lined with satin...you can borrowed it any time!

And thanks Patrick and Em for letting us tag along. This was so much fun. Awesome pre-walk burritos by the way!

I was super proud of Felix. Although, he refused to put the Max hat on, he was so excited to be out at night, running around with the big boys. Plus he loved carrying his Starbuck's paper bag around, even though he hasn't a clue what candy is! Must try to keep it that way for awhile.

Also, LOVED seeing my usually fairly reserved English hubby walking around as Batman. This was his first time EVER dressing up for Halloween, and I think he had a really good time. He even got stopped by a little boy in his own little Batman outfit, and the kid said completely seriously, "You are Batman!" And when Jamie replied, "Yes, and you're Batman too", the kid said, "No, you're REALLY Batman!"

Love,
Amy

Em said...

Aw, Amy I love that! How sweet. I bet seeing "Batman" totally made that kid's night.

Em