Saturday, October 11, 2008

Dancing About Architecture




Em & I got tickets today to go see Van Morrison at the Hollywood Bowl on November 7. We've been wanting to go see more shows lately & this seems like a pretty good one. Van is supposed to perform the songs from Astral Weeks as well as some more of his older material & call me an old fogey, but I can't wait to see it. Just the thought of seeing him do Madame George gives me chills.


Speaking of which, if you've never heard of Lester Bangs, he was the greatest rock and roll writer of all time & one of the greatest writers period of the 1960's and 70's (this is who Philip Seymour Hoffman is portraying in Almost Famous). If you want to know how I can make such a claim, go to the following link and read Lester on Astral Weeks. Actually, I don't care why you do it, but just go and read it - the whole thing. Preferably while listening to "Madame George" on the jukebox down below. If this doesn't get to you, well then, I just don't know.


http://personal.cis.strath.ac.uk/~murray/astral.html

1 comment:

Em said...

I can't wait! Love you.