Monday, January 5, 2009

Conundrum!!!

Just in case ANYBODY cares, pre-sale tickets for the 2009 Dead tour go on sale next Tuesday(Jan. 13). YES, Jerry's still dead and it'll never be quite the same again, but its still fun to go see the rest of the band & the folks & the buses, etc.

Dan & I saw them on the last tour, I think 4 years ago (!!!) and it wasn't spectacular, but it WAS in Orange County (sorry Bell), and they did have Joan Osbourne (!!!) singing. This time it's at the Forum and no Joan : ) Also, back then, they had an annoying guitar player named Jimmy Herring who goes tweedly tweedly tweedly a lot. This time the band's got a decent guitar player named Warren Haynes from Govt. Mule & sometimes Alman Bros. So it coooooooooould be OK.

Anyway, I totally want to go to the show at the Forum on May 9, BUT it's also the weekend of the Whole Earth Festival at Davis. This was a great gig for us last year, BUT we don't know if we're in yet. And the show could suck, BUT it could be good. So it's a conundrum.

Just in case anyone else wants to go, tix are available here:

http://dead.net/dead09/?signup=1#

3 comments:

Eric said...

Simple. Buy tickets for the Un-Dead (or whatever they're calling themselves). If you wind up going to Davis, then give "Miracle" tickets away to some lucky souls. The karma will return sevenfold.
I hereby remind you that you spurned my invitation to see Nirvana's last tour with me. But hey, Bob Weir's Jamboree is almost as good.
This is as civil as I get whilst ruminating upon jam bands.
Merry new year. Happy David's birthday.

pdore said...

Actually, I thought that was pretty civil. Part of the fun of this is baiting you, you know!

Anonymous said...

Patrick, I'm with Eric on this one; given the choice of the Faux Dead or getting to play a gig in Davis doesn't seem like a hard decision. I know Eric must be into Kate Rusby as well; now there would be a concert to die for.

Em, I loved the pictures of the boys at the Cube. I always wondered what that building was on I-5. Your pictures made me want to go there and you know how much I enjoy amusement parks.
Love,
Dad