Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Wake One Morning...



Well, my lesson plan went out the window this morning! Instead, I watched the inauguration ceremony with my 11th grade class - a much better use of all of our time I think!!! They laughed at me for crying, but it was such a moving event!!!

For the most part, I think that it was over their heads, but at the end, as Bush flew away in a helicopter, we all sang "Na na na na, hey hey, good bye!!!" At least we were all united in being ready for a change. Good luck President Obama!!!

1 comment:

Em said...

I'm so jealous! How sad is it to work in the CNN building and not see the inauguration? Even Finn got to watch it - ha! Ah well, I'm glad you cried for me. Nate thought I was a nut when I told him that we both cried when Obama got elected, but I told him he doesn't understand because he's just a peanut. Like your students.