Thursday, April 8, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Here are more pictures of the new place. I make fun of it a lot. It's really not that different from our other place. It has the same cottage cheese ceilings, beige carpet and the same cheapo linoleum in the bathroom. It's not luxurious, by any means, but for some reason it feels really right for us. Many other units have come available in our complex since we moved in and we never even really considered any of them, but this one is located right next to Julie's place and the first time I saw it was open, I just kept staring at it. I mentioned it to Patrick and he laughed - I think the last thing either of us wanted to do was move again, but then he walked by it and he had kind of the same feeling that I did. There's just something about this one that feels like our place. We don't really know why, but there it is.
I couldn't really capture the patio for some reason, but it's one of our favorite parts about the new place. It makes everything feel open and light. Eventually, once Patrick works his magic out there, I have a feeling we'll be out there a lot over the Spring and Summer.

Another one of our favorite things about our place is how close it is to Julie and Amy & Jamie. Hi guys! (That's Julie's door through our kitchen window and Amy's patio right beyond it.)

Mostly, I think we just like the light and the airy feeling that this place has. We haven't taken any pictures of the upstairs yet, we're still trying to get everything in the bedrooms together, but we're equally smitten with those rooms, too. It's kind of embarrassing, really. We're kind of having a love affair with our new apartment.

4 comments:

Bell said...

I totally agree - your new place just has this amazing feel to it. And the way you guys have put it together is so beautiful - it feels just like a safe, snug haven full of love and art and learning and peace. Wonderful, wonderful job, guys!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you love it! It looks so cute. I can't wait to come back to LA to see it. Love you!!

Anonymous said...

I like all the indoor plants. Wanna go to Costco sometime and buy some patio plants?

Love to you,

Amy
p.s. But seriously, if you move closer...restraining order.

pdore said...

Thanks for taking & posting all of these great pictures Sweetheart!!! It's so nice to see the house from school - and to see the secret people popping up in the pictures : )
Thanks for the kind words guys!!! And definite Costco trip soon Amy!!