Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween!!!

Last night, the ghouls and ghosts did their best to scare us out of Trick or Treating, but we refused to be deterred!
We had Prince Zuko (the Blue Spirit) and a fierce dragon to look after us!

Would you want to meet these two in a dark alley? I didn't think so.

Scarlett was the cutest, fiercest cat you've ever seen. Julie said she was a feral cat. "Meow, MEOW!"

Hana was Katara. She and Finn both chose costumes from their favorite show Avatar: The Last Airbender. They said to make sure everyone knew they were from the animated series, not the movie, because Hana says the movie stinks! Finn's character Zuko is a fire bender and Hana's character Katara is a water bender. Her very talented Mom made her costume which came complete with "water" to tie around her wrists and fling about. Very impressive!

There's a small glimpse of Felix, the adorable puppy. He elicited many oohs and awww's from strangers.

But he wasn't too thrilled with the flash, which made it hard to take his picture.

" Trick or Treat! Smell my feet! Give me something good to eat! If you don't, I don't care. I'll pull down your underwear." Sometimes it really hits me that I am the mother of boys.

Some of our neighbors really go all out. Last year, this house had a pirate ship. This year they had a castle with a fire breathing dragon. Jack was smitten.
The kids were really, really brave. Poor Scarlett finally had enough at this house and I can't say I really blame her. I think Knott's Scary Farm has made Halloween a bit more for teenagers than little guys.

Felix made it a little longer than Scarlett, but not much! This is what he did when we arrived at Hana's porch. Finally! A picture of his face. Happy Halloween everyone!

3 comments:

KM Nguyen said...

Oh my gosh! This is such cute post, Em. :) I love Felix at the very end- that's how I felt at the end of the walk, too. ha! Oh, and please send the picture of Zuko & Katara my way. You guys take very nice pictures!

Anonymous said...

Em, great photos. As usual, we are sorry we can't be there but we love to see the pictures. By the way, the word today (to send this comment) is grone. This is what the boys have done since I last saw them and it is what I do when we can't be there.
Love,
Mike

Anonymous said...

Dad, "grone" is actually what I do when I hear the Dore puns starting to fly.

But we all wish you could have been here for Halloween too. The boys all looked great, adorable, and very VERY scary!!!!

Thanks, Em, for the great post!

Amy (aka The Raccoon)