Monday, September 28, 2009

More Abbot Kinney!!!

Thank you very much to anyone of the Jewish faith!! I’m at home today with Finn enjoying our Yom Kippur day off. I whine about school a lot, but they do get so many holidays, so I shouldn’t complain tooooo much : )
I really could use a day off though after this weekend. You know how sometimes you just pack a little too much in? That’s what we did, and it was fun, but it’s so nice to have just one more day – if only Em were off too : ( Here are the highlights:


Slumber party with Hannah! The kids had a great time making forts, watching The Aristocats, and...








Pillow fighting!!!



Em's old friend Elena came over with her two kids (including this new one) and their friend. It was nice to get everyone in the pool!





Finally, we went to the Abbot Kinney Festival again this year, but it really ended up as a trip to go see Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros for the second time this week! We got there just in time for the show & had to leave pretty soon after. It was a great show, but I felt really bad for the boys (Em had to work that day, so I went with Dan). They were so patient, and then we tried to go to the kids’ play area right after the show, but everything closed down right when we got there – the bouncy castle literally deflated right when we walked in : (





I think that they enjoyed the show though, and it occurred to me that it was their first big concert. I’m glad that it was such a good one!!




The show wasn't quite as good as the one at the El Rey - it could hardly live up to that! They had some sound problems, and we couldn't go as close to the front with the guys. But they are still such a great band, and getting to see them for free on a nice end of summer day reconfirmed my belief that Los Angeles is a pretty cool place to live!








Time to rest now. Happy Yom Kippur!!

6 comments:

Eric said...

Dude. I loved "the Aristocrats" - Bob Saget and Kevin Pollack, especially - but I'm not sure I'd have my child watch it, just yet.

pdore said...

Ha!!

Em said...

Slumber party! Now if only we'd gotten a little sleep. Ha!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of FIn and Jack at AK festival!

Jx

Anonymous said...

I'm with Eric. I think the humor would just go right over their heads. Best wait a year or so.

Amy

p.s. we had fun at the AK Festival that morning, so thanks for the tip! Sorry about the deflated castle and spirits.

Fashionable Earth said...

We had a great time at the Festival! Check out our photo gallery: http://fashionableearth.org/blog/2009/10/05/abbot-kinney-festival/