Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sun & Showers!!!

So school started again this week, and I feel like I got run over by a bus! I think that I may have mentioned that I expected this school year to be a little bit challenging, but I am at the moment staggered by the omnipresent deficiencies. I promise not to turn the whole blog into a jeremiad against the school system, but can I just list a couple of minor issues? Not enough desks (I had to raid 27(!!) from another room), not enough books, all of the copy machines broken, my room not cleaned since last year, and, on top of it all, absolutely GINORMOUS classes!! Well, at least we're getting paid tons of money. Oh, wait...

OK, end of whine!!!! Here is some MUCH better news - my very esteemed friend Eric posted this video on his blog a few days ago and I thought that it was so great that I had to steal it!! My days of staggering through the school system have coincided with becoming a huge fan of this band (a lesson in duality), and they made the days much more bearable. In fact, Em & I are going to see them in two weeks!! And on a small funny note, it turns out that some of the band hang out at Dave's Chillin' & Grillin' where we play!! I love Los Angeles, even if the schools could use some help : )

Hope you enjoy it:





And here's one more - incredibly boring video, but great song!!



"She got jumper cable lips, she got sunset on her breath now. I inhaled just a little bit, I got no fear of death now!"

Peace & Love to y'all!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah my dear P, hang in their brother(-in-law) - if you make but one difference to one child in their lifetime it will all be worth it. Sadly, you may never know.

Jx

pdore said...

Thanks for the very good words Jamie!! That's the problem - we only get them when they're snots - I'm sure many improve :)