Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving!!!
























As Ryan said, it's the obligatory Thanksgiving post! We had a great Thanksgiving this year at the home of some friends of my mom and Petur. We have been going pretty regularly to the Goldsmith's for a few years now, and they always have a great Thanksgiving celebration.


Their house is in a beautiful part of the Agoura hills, really near to the site of the old Renaissance Faire! This is a great place to go for the day, unless, as my friend Eric said, you happen to be agouraphobic. But otherwise, it's really beautiful. There are horses all around and amazing oak trees and it basically feels a million miles away from the city. Although we don't know some of the people there too well, we always feel very welcome, and much of our L.A. family was there, including Felix celebrating his first Thanksgiving. Also, special thanks to my sister Annie for watching Jack & letting us eat in peace!


The food is always delicious, and one of the treats is multiple turkeys cooked in different creative ways. Our own contribution was cranberry sauce this year, which came out pretty good and is about the easiest thing in the world to make.


After the dinner, some of us went for a walk in the hills. I decided to go with Finn, and little did I know that this would actually be strenuous forced march up and down hills for miles and miles (well, maybe one mile). If I had known , I would have been very hesitant to take Finn, but he was amazing; he ran up steep hills and went down again on his butt. We had a great time and he never complained (although at the end it was just the thought of pumpkin pie that kept him going). I was so impressed by him & can't wait to go on some more hiking trips in the future. Here's a victorious shot of him at the peak of our climb.


We have much to be thankful for this year, and really appreciate the hospitality of the Goldsmith's in sharing their Thanksgiving with us!

5 comments:

The cool family! said...

Go Finn, what a hike!
How fun to have your Thanksgiving outside! One of the many perks to living in CA.
Happy Holidays!

Krista Stryker said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! As always, thank for the pictures - they make us feel closer to home!

Hope all is well :)

Love, Krista & Brian

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it was such a nice Thanksgiving. I was so happy to be back State side to celebrate it with family, and also so thrilled that Jamie could take part in his first Turkey Day as well. I'm so thankful for my amazing family and friends.
Amy

Anonymous said...

That is so funny - I woke up this morning with Finn on my mind, and I was singing "You've not seen nothing like the Mighty Finn!" all morning - then came in and found this! I love you all so and hope to see you soon! :)

Eric said...

Thanks for the pun credit. However, I must cite my source for "Agouraphobia". It was none other than horticulture/law/biology teacher Ed (Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia) Kelly.
Nematodes alone!
Finn's victory picture is great.
-Eric