Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Obama!!!




We are one happy little family tonight. What a lovely, gracious speech from McCain and what a powerful, uniting speech from the new President-elect of our country, Barack Obama. We both watched with tears streaming down our faces. We've never been more proud to be Americans. Of course, when I told Finn that we had a new President, his eyes lit up and he said "I got a new present today, too!" It turns out his special instructor from LACMA came to his class today and taught him how to use "oily chalk" (aka pastels.)




We're still waiting on pins and needles to see what happens with Proposition 8. I truly believe that gay rights are the last big frontier in the civil rights movement. Once we acknowledge that they deserve exactly the same recognition and rights that the rest of us enjoy, I will truly feel like America ( or hopefully, at least California) is living up to its full promise. Oh, this is Em, by the way, but hopefully Patrick concurs.




Love and peace to all of our friends and family on this historic night.

3 comments:

The cool family! said...

I watched the 'End of the Journey' speech from McCain, I'll admit, I was sad!! Then I watched the acceptance speech from Obama and I will also admit that it was a great speech! Hopefully he will turn things around. I'm just excited that Bush will be gone soon!!! I may be a staunch Republican, I didn't like Bush. So, YAY Obama!

Anonymous said...

Yes, finally a President that I can feel proud of! I personally think this positive swing happened because Jamie, Felix and I moved from England. However, whatever the cause, I am so happy to be back in this glorious country and so glad that Felix will grow up with a smart, fair, unifying man leading the country. His acceptance speech made me cry, and made me want to do more for my country, to be of service and not just sit back and criticize it. What more can one ask for?! OBAMA-RAMA!

Amy

Em said...

Yay Amy! Another momma for Obama!