Monday, July 13, 2009

Parties!!!

We really broke in our new place this weekend with not one, but two big birthday parties!! We had Finn’s 6th and my mom’s 60th!! Her actual birthday is not until the 14th (Bastille Day), but she is flying out to Philadelphia to be with Petur on a movie set, and so we had to throw it a little early. It was a lot of fun, but boy were we tired out Sunday night!!



It was great to see so many of my mom’s old friends including Kelly, Sally and Emily, Theresa, Pita, Robby and Rebecca, plus all of us kids and grandkids. Amy and Em put together an amazing spread of food including a huge salmon (although we had to cut the head off as it was a little creepy). We ate and talked and looked at some fun old pictures of mom. Em reminded us that mom was Miss La Jolla one year, which always embarasses her a little, but I think she still looks amazing!!




So after cleaning up, we got ready for party #2. Finn’s party was mostly by the pool, and it was a great day for swimming – hot! The grownups kept to the shade, but the kids stayed in the pool for hours!!









They especially enjoyed their new noodles - thanks Panna & Bell!!













Felix seems to be a pool fan : )

















By the end of the day everyone was pretty tired out. I think this picture of Kate speaks for all of us!





















But of course,the party never stops when Aunt Bell is around, so we had one last pillow fight to end the weekend! We missed having all of the grandparents here, but Finn still had such a good time for his 6th : ) Thanks everybody!!
























7 comments:

Bell said...

Best part EVER! I'm still all pumped from it! It was so wonderful to see everyone (everyone looked great, by the way!), shocking to see how big the little ones have become, and really, really nice to catch up a little with everyone. The huge highlights were getting some some to talk to my mom, getting to spend a little quiet time with Julie and Scarlett, and of course the manditory wrestle/tickle/belly-berry session with my two favorite guys. SO FUN! I don't know who enjoys it more, me or them (I know it's defintely NOT the other adults in the room or the neighbors!).

Anyway, it was a wonderful day and I am tired and very happy today. Love you ALL!

Bell said...

BTW That pic of me talking to Julie is one of the worst of my profile I have ever seen - I am WAY cuter than that! Ha!

Em said...

Bell, no one could see your profile because they were all mesmerized by my big butt. Ha!

Bell said...

BTW - The water noodles which were the hit of the party? $2.99 at Vons. If I would have known they were that popular I would have brought one for everyone!

Eric said...

Looks like a blast! Happy birthday to both parties!

Anonymous said...

My favorite of Mum's birthday party: watching her and Finn blow out candles together...so sweet.

My favorite of Finn's party (besides swimming with my insane little fish of a son): Watching Finn unwrap a very cool microscope, and Patrick explaining that they could look at things with it, and then Jack piping in with, "I wanna look at horses!"

Thanks to Patrick and Em for all the hard work. Sorry we weren't much help with the clean-up.

Love,
Amy

The cool family! said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy FINN!!!!!!!!!!!