Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas 1!!!


T’is the Season!

We have a Christmas tree this year, yay!!! A real tree. It’s a little on the small side, still, but not so small you have to put it on a table and it’s just right for us.

A gaggle of kids came over this past Saturday night and helped us make salt dough Christmas ornaments for the tree. It was so nice to have our new neighbors, Julie, Thor and Scarlett drop by, along with Amy and Jamie and Mr. Felix. Finn’s friend Hana also came and, then later Sebastian, Aidan and Hoyon crashed the party. I had told them they couldn’t come because our place was too small, but they came, all the same…just like Christmas in the Grinch (which is exactly who I felt like telling them they couldn’t come). Luckily, I realized that at Christmastime the more really is the merrier. It was a little chaotic, but the kids had a great time making the ornaments and I think the adults had fun, too. We missed Josh and Adrienne and Lorelei – originally, we had planned to do this with them, but Finn and Jack were understandably too anxious to put up the tree. (Okay, maybe I was a little bit, too.)


Anyway, the tree looks very nice. It is a funny little boy tree, to be sure – not a sugar plum fairy in sight. Instead there are pirate ships and treasure chests and deep sea creatures galore, in honor of our own little Jacque Finn-steau. (Finn’s been certain he wants to be a marine biologist since he was about three.)

We hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season. It’s been quite crisp here in Los Angeles, although I’m sure it’s nothing compared to where many of you live. I know I’m a total sucker, but I really do think Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year. Halloween is my favorite holiday, but there’s no denying there’s something magical about December – even the air smells good at Christmas time.

Love to everyone. May joy come to you, and a merry Christmas too!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a really fun art project. Thanks for letting us into this apparently elite club. The tree looks great. I might have to come by every now and then just to smell it.

Love to all and to all a good time,

Amy

The cool family! said...

Love it! Holiday parties are the best! I like to see photos of the fam and your house, I don't feel so far away!

Krista Stryker said...

Merry Christmas you guys. This looks like so much fun!

Love,
Krista