Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Clothes!!!



I hope everyone had a great Christmas!!! We’ve got lots and lots of pictures to put up at some point, but I was thinking lately about clothes. Christmas may seem like a weird – and somewhat inappropriate – time to think about fashion, but I always do around this time because it’s one of the only times that I ever buy new clothes. I’m sure that Em would like it if I thought about it a little bit more often, but there are very few times that I can bring myself to enter clothing stores and (groan) try things on.

This is probably a common and tiresome male quality, but that's just the way that it is. 95% of the year, the thought of extended periods of time inside of any clothing store makes me want to curl up into a ball! However, right around now is one of the few times when I can face the possibility of clothes shopping, and actually start to think a little bit about what to wear for the next 12 months.

The funny thing is that I really am impressed by people who have a good fashion sense! When someone has that right combination of originality and taste (and looks like they might actually iron their clothes) I do appreciate it, and feel some strange desire to update the wardrobe. However, like all good things, I know that the talented people make it look easy, but that it probably involves spending way more time thinking about clothes and, Heaven forbid, actually searching for clothes than I am presently ready to spend!

Anyway, here’s a site that made me start thinking about clothes a little more. It’s called Backyard Bill and I love the idea of this site!! It’s just a really good photographer who takes pictures of stylish people wearing their own clothes. It’s nice to see people who are not too “modely” showing off their sense of style. Such a simple idea, but really good! Check it out here:

http://backyardbill.blogspot.com/

Anyone have any good style pictures or sites?
(Pictures from Backyard Bill)

2 comments:

Em said...

You always look dandy to me.

Jeff Dore said...

If I dressed like anybody on that site, it would be a sign of the End Times.