Monday, August 3, 2009

Visit!!!

We were so happy to have my Uncle Jeff and his family in town for a little while last week. He and his wife Gail, and their two kids Robbie and Rebecca live in Georgia and it’s not very often that we get to see them. Jeff is a newscaster in Atlanta and he’s always got some great stories to tell, and his family is so nice that it’s always a pleasure to see them. Our kids especially like Rebecca who has tons of patience with them, and is great at playing along with their crazy games!

We had a nice evening at Senor Fish in Eagle Rock, which gives a good taste of our North-East L.A. scene. Unfortunately, Em couldn’t come because she was feeling sick : ( We love Senor Fish for the awesome fish tacos, and also because the kids can run around the table over and over without annoying people too much!


The next day we went to Olvera Street. It was nice to go kind of early on a Friday, so it wasn’t too crowded, and I really enjoyed all of the old sights and smells again. We went through the Avila adobe house, which is the oldest house in Los Angeles! Somehow I’ve managed to never go through it, but it has some beautiful rooms, and awesome cactus!! And of course we checked out the bewildering array of stuff for sale there. I love all of the colors on that street.


Robbie faces down a killer dog.










A rainbow of guitars!




I’ve also been meaning to go to Olvera Street for a long time to get new friendship bracelets. They have the best ones there, but it's really hard to choose!

Here are my two. I love them!!! Thanks to the Georgia Dores & have a great rest of your trip (and happy birthday Jeff!!)




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed the Olvera Street trip. Looks fun. And nice friendship bracelets, Patrick; glad you have some friends again.

Yay Senor Fish....you da best.

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY UNCLE JEFF, and thanks again for marrying Jamie and me.

Love,
Amy

Em said...

Yay! I'm glad you guys took pictures. I was so sorry I missed dinner, but it looks like you guys had plenty of fun without me.

Happy birthday, Jeff!

Jeff Dore said...

It was a very happy birthday, starting at SeƱor Fish with Patrick, Amy and the boys, seeing Em the next day, playing a brightly colored uke, not getting impaled on Olvera Street giant cactus, and extending to Dad/Grandpa's in La Jolla, with lots of seals, salsa, sea lions and otters in between. Dad was a joy to be with as always. I hope and expect everyone will have a wonderful time at Farm Fest. Hope to see you there next year.
Jeff