Monday, August 24, 2009

Teeth!!!


Here's one from Em:

Our baby is growing up!

Well, it’s official. Finn lost his front tooth last night. He’s already lost his two front bottom teeth, but those weren’t really all that noticeable. A big gap has been growing in his upper teeth for a while now, though and one of his teeth has been dangling by a string for what seems like weeks. As you can see from the photos, last night the tooth finally gave up the ghost. Now he’s got plenty of room for his big grownup tooth to come in. *Sigh. In two weeks he will be starting first grade. Live in the moment, I keep telling myself. It’s okay that he’s growing up. Every once in a while, I just get a glimpse of how quickly it’s all going to go. This was definitely one of those moments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking good, Finn!

Keep breathing, Em. I completely understand and commiserate on this one. Every time Felix reaches a milestone I'm so excited and then start to think, "OOhh NO!! Don't grow up too fast!" Whaddya gonna do?! They are our babies, but they're not ours to keep. sigh.

Amy

Bell said...

I'm just stunned by how big BOTH the boys look in the latest pictures. It's too fast for aunties, too....

The cool family! said...

Way to go FINN!! Pretty soon he'll have those gawky adult teeth... get ready for some awkward (but adorable) years! I sometimes look at Elle and think she looks SO funny with gaint teeth in her mouth! It's sad that first time they lose that first top tooth... although not for them I guess!!