Monday, June 29, 2009

Em’s Happy Anniversary Addendum (and SF outtakes)

Since today is technically our 13th anniversary…a great big happy anniversary to my sweet pea! I loved all of the things that Patrick mentions in his post below, but there were a few other things about our trip that I wanted to comment on, as well.

First, the moon on the drive up was beautiful. It was a crescent moon, which is my personal favorite, but for some reason it was the color and size (minus the full part) of a harvest moon – which is Patrick’s favorite. I don’t really remember ever seeing a moon quite like that before, but it was really striking. It was a “blue moon” the year that Patrick and I got married, which is the name for a rare second full moon during the same month (or, more accurately, the extra full-moon that happens every couple of years when enough extra days accumulate.) I don’t think this was a blue moon, but it still felt like a special moon, just for us.


As for our trip, being in San Francisco for Pride Day was very exciting. The city just felt very warm and alive and loving. I wish we could have gotten more vibrant pictures along the way, but it was kind of a whirlwind trip. Seeing Mikey was definitely difficult, but we had a good time and enjoyed having a local to show us around.

Patrick, forgive me, but I had to include this picture. Patrick was an incredibly good sport, first to consent to take me to visit my sick brother for our first romantic getaway in 6 years – and then to push Mikey around in his chair for several hours on a fairly hot afternoon. Mikey, of course, was as gracious towards Patrick as he always is (which is to say, not very). When I asked him to take a picture of us…this is how it came out. I really probably shouldn’t see this picture as funny. I wish that Mikey was kinder to Patrick and I hope that this has more to do with Mikey being tired by the time we asked him to take the picture, than his feelings about Patrick, but after a day full of a lot of emotional tension, Patrick and I couldn’t help having a good laugh over this.


As for the first two pictures above, one is a heart that Finn made for us for Valentine’s Day, which we love so much that it now hangs over our bed, and the second picture is one of our customary self-portraits which we took in front of Mikey’s hospital. This picture reminds me of a similar one that we took on our honeymoon in France. Patrick, all I can say is I married a good guy and if you asked me again, I would still say yes. Thank you for a great anniversary.

1 comment:

pdore said...

Happy Aniversary Sweetheart! Thanks for adding the extra stuff - I love you!!