Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I’m finally starting to get through the physical meltdown brought on by the end of this school year (plus the Eagle Rock house party – see below). Still not feeling 100% but (knock on wood) I can hopefully start to do more than read Patrick O’Brian and blow my nose. As usual, there are a million projects that I’d like to do over the vacation. Even though I’ll probably only get to three or four of them, it’s nice to be ambitious!

One of the projects that I’d like to take care of pretty soon is to finally learn how to use my camera! I’ve been into looking at different photographer’s work on the net recently, plus different blogs, etc. and really want to figure out how to take better pictures. I know that a lot of it is just having good equipment, and our camera is not exactly professional caliber, but I also know that we have taken good pictures with it, so it is possible! It also seems like there are a lot of really useful tricks to know about, like lighting, composing the picture, not shaking the camera around, etc. So I’d like to get a little better at this stuff over the break. Anyone have any suggestions?

Here are some pictures that kind of jumped out at me as being pretty good. A few of these are from a great site that I found recently called “Boom”. It’s a collection of visual art put up by a guy in Canada, and I think that he’s got a really great sense of what is interesting to look at. A lot of the photography is amazing! You can check it out here:

http://www.booooooom.com/


Anyway, here’s my gallery:


This woman takes lots of pictures of her daughter that are pretty great!

Here's another one.







Here's one of ours - no idea why they work sometimes.





I love this picture from my friend Eric - Jude healing his Mama!




If anyone has some pictures that they like a lot I'd love to see them!!





No comments: