Monday, June 22, 2009

Party!!!



There's nothing like an Eagle Rock house party! We played last Saturday night at Dave's house in the ER. As you would expect, there were lots of long-haired guys, lots of beer, and lots of good vibes.

As an extra bonus, the guys set off some fireworks, like a real rock show! Plus we played until midnight and the cops never showed up. Eagle Rock rules! It may not have been a huge festival, but I think that we would be pretty happy just doing one of these every weekend. It was a very nice way to start the summer : )












8 comments:

Em said...

Maybe you guys should change your name to the Eagle Rock Buzzards. Ha! I'm glad you had fun. Drink lots of tea today and get better.

Eric said...

Can't actually see the crowd. Was there really one there? Or were there 15,000 screaming tween girls?

Glad you're doing what you love.

Hope you're feeling better.

PS: The Old Crow Medicine Show song on yer blog jukebox is beautiful. Reminds me of my younger, Appalachian days.

pdore said...

I love that song - glad you like it too! Strange story behind it - it started with a little Dylan snippet that was in Pat Garret - you can see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QXWAk4XO10

They expanded it (with Dylan's blessing) & did a great job I think!

As for the fans - yep, 15,000 screaming tween girls - forgot to post that picture.

pdore said...

Hey Baby - I don't think we need to emphasize the buzzard aspect more than we already do, but thanks for the suggestion! I'm feeling better & think I can swim with the guys - may regret it.

pdore said...

By the way Eric, by "Appalachian days" do you mean when you were the governor of South Carolina?

Eric said...

Only a true AT hiker knows what "Going to Argentina" means and how perverted the SC Governor really is.

Aunt bell said...

Eric got a belly laugh on THAT one.

Eric said...

Thank you, Bell. I'll be here all week. Tip your server!