Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Week!!!

Sorry for such a pathetic post, but I'm truly limping to the finish line this school year. Of course, it's mostly figurative, but my knee is wonky too, so it's pretty sad.

This has been a rough school year in many ways, but I'll write more about it later when I don't feel like roadkill. Just this week included 17 colleagues getting fired, including three good friends, my own solo protest in front of the school (good picture of that one), getting traded to another department, and some really awful politicking (it reminded me of Kissinger's line that, "University politics are vicious precisely because the stakes are so small.")

To top it all off, I had a total computer crash and lost all of my files. Thank God I'm backing up now, but it's never fun. Just about everyone at my school is ready to collapse, but we've only got nine more days, so there is a glimmer of light. And of course I'm so thankful because it could all be much worse; but I'm also a tired puppy right now & am heading to bed. Sweet dreams everyone ; )

4 comments:

Em said...

Aw, boo-boo! I didn't even know about your knee and your files, that stinks. One more week!

Love you,

Em

Eric said...

I want to see the protest! (I'm a sucker for self-immolation.)

Sorry to hear about all the drama. This too shall pass.

aunt bell said...

As a fellow "higher education" employee, boy do I feel your pain.

Bleah.

Steve has been doing everything except put on a clown suit and dance to try and cheer me up, and he is having very little success.

I just want to crawl under a rock right now. And I don't even have a bad knee!

Feel better soon -

pdore said...

Thanks so much you guys!! I'm not feeling quite as grim today, but it has been rough. I can't believe Steve is so selfish that he won't put on the clown suit!