Thursday, June 25, 2009

Random!!!!

So it’s Random Thursday today at the Dore Family Blog. As you all know, this is a day that appears, like the Chapel Perilous, at uncertain times throughout the Multiverse. In fact, it is so rare that this is the first time that Random Thursday has ever made an appearance. So it’s, you know, special. Anyway, it’s a good excuse to put up some weird stuff.

For example, check out the twirly picture on the left. See the pink, blue, orange, and green? All well and good, except that the blue and green are the same color (dramatic music here)!!!!!!!

If you're interested in this, or you don't believe me (and I certainly wouldn't), check it out here:

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2009/06/24/the-blue-and-the-green/

Next up, here are some more pictures that I like & forgot to post yesterday. The first one is from our annual Coffeehouse & I just had it sent from the drama teacher. I love this picture!!! Thanks David!!!















I posted this one a little while ago, but I just love it!



Baxter. Great picture from Josh!




Finally, here are a couple more songs that I would totally have on the blog if the jukebox would let me:
Blue, Red, and Grey - The Who
Through My Sails - Neil Young
Witch of the Westmoreland - Stan Rogers
So there's your basic Random Thursday - hope you liked it! I'm off to apply for the Eagle Rock Music Festival - Peace & Love to all!

4 comments:

Em said...

Ha! I posted that picture of Baxter in my random 'things I love' post on Saturday. Our random days are so predictable.

Eric said...

I love "Blue, Red, and Grey." Beautiful song, beautiful sentiment. It's in my top 25 all-time ukulele-driven rock songs.

Anonymous said...

That optical illusion is amazing - really interesting link too - how do you find them?!

Jx

pdore said...

I'd like to see, at least, the top ten of the ukulele list!

Glad you liked this one Jamie - I really like finding weird stuff like this on the net. Sorry you're trip wasn't perfect, but welcome home!!